Thinking About BC? We Can Help!
- Optometry Board Certified, LLC is designed to help our busy, optometric colleagues navigate the new Optometry Board Certification (BC)/Maintenance of Certification (MOC) process.
- We sift through all of the available information and let you know WHEN, WHERE and most importantly, HOW to become Optometry Board Certified!
- Optometry Board Certified, LLC is your comprehensive source for information on Optometry Board Certification eligibility, application process, exam content, free resources and Live COPE-approved preparation courses.
- Online course materials and sample test questions are available to Live course attendees.
43 days and counting!
Phase-In Rules End April 30, 2013
After April of 2013, the following modifications to the qualification requirements take effect:
|ACOE Accredited Residency||150 points if competed less than 3 years ago, or 100 points if completed 3-10 years ago. (No points if completed more than 10 years ago)|
|Fellow, American Academy of Optometry||50 points if completed within 10 years (No points if completed more than 10 years ago)|
|Fellow, College of Optometrists in Vision Development||No longer accepted.|
|Experience in Active Clinical Practice||No longer accepted.|
Requirements for Category 1 and 2 Education will remain unchanged.
For ABO Active Candidates to qualify under the rules of the phase-in period, they must complete the following:
- Apply to become an Active Candidate no later than April 30, 2013
- Submit their post-graduate requirements for verification by the ABO no later than June 30, 2013
- Take the ABO Board Certification Examination no later than January 2014
In order for the ABO to verify the active candidate’s credentials and post graduate requirements, and allow better seat selection at a testing center nearby, the ABO recommends beginning the initial application no later than 90 days prior to the starting date of the examination desired by the candidate. Note that January 2014 is the date of the last exam using Phase-In rules.
Registration for the July 2013 Exam is Now Open!
July 1-31, 2013
For more information visit www.americanboardofoptometry.org